We look forward to having you join us for the 12th anniversary of the ELC at the Omni Hotel in New Haven, CT on April 5-6, 2018.
Each year, the Yale SOM Education Leadership Conference gathers over 750 education experts, practitioners, and leaders to discuss innovations in K-12 education reform. The theme of this year’s conference, Fostering the Ecosystem for Change, will ask participants to explore various approaches to promoting educational equality and creating lasting social change through education. Through panels, keynotes, and small group discussions, speakers will offer perspectives on how different players in the education ecosystem can work together to improve educational outcomes. The conference will examine these issues through the lens of a range of stakeholders including individual schools, districts, funders, advocates, entrepreneurs, and policy-makers.
(Registration closes March 30)
To receive updates on the conference, please click here to join our mailing list.
If you are interested in sponsoring the conference, please download our 2018 Sponsorship Opportunity Booklet for more information, and contact Sofia.Leitner-Laserna@yale.edu with questions.
Thursday, April 5
- 5:00 PM: Registration opens
- 6:30 PM-8:00 PM: Beyond Ideology: A Bipartisan Approach for the Education Reform Coalition
- 8:00 PM-9:00 PM: Cocktail reception
Friday, April 6
- 7:00 AM: Registration opens
- 7:30-8:30 AM: Breakfast
- 8:30 AM-10:00 AM: Opening Keynote: John B. King
- 10:00 AM-10:30 AM: Coffee Break
- 10:30 AM-11:45 AM: Session Block 1
- Leveraging Data for Impact
- Having the Conversation
- Future of Personalized Learning
- Diversifying Human Cap. Pipeline
- Dynamic Approaches to Discipline
- 11:45 AM-1:15 PM: Lunch + Affinity Tables
- 1:15 PM-2:30 PM: Session Block 11
- High Impact & Inclusive International Education for High School
- Investing in Education: PE & VC
- From Concept to Scale: AF
- Advocacy & The Changing Role of Schools
- 2:30 PM-3:00 PM: Coffee Break
- 3:00 PM-4:15 PM: Session Block 111
- A STEM Curriculum for Future
- Grit & The Psychcology of Success
- An Update from Brick City
- Intelligence as Social Currency
- 4:15 PM-5:30 PM: Closing Session: Boston Pulse Poetry
- 5:30 PM-6:30 PM: Cocktail reception
*The Networking Expo will be taking place on Friday, April 6 from 7:30AM - 4:15PM
ELC 2018 Leadership Team
Jean Lombardi is Co-Chair of Content for ELC 2018. Prior to Yale SOM, she served as the director of external affairs for a network of charter schools, where her responsibilities included development, marketing, board relations, and strategic planning. She also has experience working in school start-up and operations.
Sofia Leitner-Laserna is Co-Chair of Marketing & Sponsorship for ELC 2018. Prior to Yale SOM, she spent four years teaching high school, 3 years at an all-girls school in New York City and 1 year teaching in Colombia, South America.
Deirdre Chen is Co-Chair of Strategy & Logistics for ELC 2018. Before SOM, she worked as a Software Engineer at Cisco. Deirdre holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineer/Computer Sciences & Materials Science Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Peter Gerrity is Co-Chair of Strategy & Logistics for ELC 2018. A teacher and athletic administrator at a small private school prior to SOM, Peter holds a B.A. in Environmental Studies from Hamilton College.