Booth-Yale Education Business Plan Competition
Congratulations to our
2017 Booth-Yale Business Plan Competition Winner:
The Education Business Plan Competition is a joint effort between the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the Yale School of Management. Its mission is to promote entrepreneurship in the education sector as a means of advancing education reform. The competition will focus on seed proposals rather than fully-developed businesses to encourage novel thought.
- You have an idea that will improve educational opportunities for students.
- You’ve started planning your venture but want advice from industry experts, entrepreneurs, and VCs.
- You want to practice your pitch and get feedback from potential financiers.
- Earn $10,000 to further refine your business plan and accelerate your venture.
How it works
Online application deadline
Semifinalists submit final business plans
Finalists receive support from 4.0 Schools to develop presentations and pitches
Finalists pitch ventures at Education Leadership Conference
January 27, 2017
February 6, 2017
February 27, 2017
March 13, 2017
March 14-April 3, 2017
April 7, 2017
What we want to Accomplish
- Encourage graduate/undergraduate students and other entrepreneurs to conceive of and develop new ventures that work to close the achievement gap and raise student achievement.
- Build a foundation of future entrepreneurs in education.
- Promote innovation and enterprise as a means of advancing education reform.
How to Enter
Applications are due January 27, 2017. Submit your application here.
2017 Business Plan Competition Sponsors
With Consulting Services Provided By
Congratulations to brEDcrumb, winners of the 2016 Education Education Business Plan Competition! brEDcrumb exists to equip and enable students find a path to college, so that they can achieve their full potential. Check out brEDcrumb’s Education Business Plan application from last year:
- Proposal Application
- Final Presentation
Congratulations to PinkThink, winners of the 2015 Education Education Business Plan Competition! PinkThink is a for profit social enterprise that creates cool, engaging and social mobile games for each subject area of (S)cience, (T)echnology, (E)ngineering, and (M)ath for girls ages 8-14. Check out PinkThink’s Education Business Plan application from 2015: